Skip to main content

I-20 Application

Foreign Exchange Students

Foreign Exchange Program Policies and Procedures

Attendance in grades 9-12 of public schools is limited to a maximum of 12 months. Students are required to reimburse public secondary schools for the full unsubsidized per capita cost of education for the intended period of study.

Students are required to pay the $200 Remittance Fee to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on Form I-901 which is included in the application packet.

All issuance of I-20 forms are done through the District Instruction Office. Please contact CJ Telles, designated school official (DSO), at 909-988-8511 ext. 2701 or at

Due to increased enrollment, Los Osos, Rancho Cucamonga, and Etiwanda High Schools are projected to be beyond capacity for the 2018-2019 school year and therefore have been designated as Impacted Schools. Due to the impacted school status, those schools will not be accepting International Students.

Requirements for the Certificate of Eligibility, Form I-20, for the admission of a non- immigrant student to attend high school in the Chaffey Joint Union High School District:

Sponsorship: The sponsor must be a permanent resident within the boundaries of the Chaffey Joint

Union High School District and must be at least 21 years of age.

Documents: Proof of the student's age and year of birth must be submitted (passport verified). Student must be less than 18 years of age. A Passport is sufficient for issuance of an I-20. Student's home country address is required.

Report of Health Examination: Documentation of immunizations, including tuberculosis clearance must be submitted.

Parental Consent Form: Must be completely filled out and signed.

Transcript: Official transcript of student's school records translated into English with specific titles in each subject area.

Payment of Tuition: Federal regulations require payment of tuition to the school district before a form I-20 can be obtained. Tuition for the 2018-19 school year is as follows:

One Semester $6,211.00
One Full Year $12,422.00

Payment may be made by credit card, cashier's check, money order, or wire transfer, cash and personal checks are not accepted. Please contact the Instruction Office at (909) 988-8511 Ext. 2701 for more information. (Cash and personal checks not accepted)

Length of Stay: Students enrolling in high school are allowed by Federal law to stay one year in a public high school. The student must then either transfer to a private high school, enroll in college, or return home.